Mexico Regional Sales Manager Sev-Rend Careers
Our current growth in opportunities exceeds our existing staffing and we seek a well- balanced seller to close identified prospects and hunts the region for additional opportunities. The ideal candidate will have packaging sales experience in the produce industry, exceptional communication skills as well as fluency in Spanish and English.
This position will require travel but will be home based in the Southwestern US. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Mexico Region Sales Manager will directly lead commercial efforts selling specialty packaging consumables to commodity packagers including sales, marketing, pricing, and account management. They will manage sales and marketing efforts in the territory by developing strong customer relationships, maintaining an active prospect list and creating follow-up tasks based on customer calling efforts. The primary objective is to drive profitable growth at commodity packagers throughout the territory.
- Establish new business opportunities with potential customers through cold calling, provided leads, networking and referrals.
- Create a pipeline of qualified opportunities and develop strategies to move the opportunities through the sales cycle to closing.
- Work to establish add-on business to maximize product lines with existing customers.
- Work closely with established Distributors to grow sales with joint face to face sales calls.
- Identify and bring on board additional distributors as needed.
- Provide accurate and timely price quotations to customers, prospects and distributors.
- Updating and maintaining CRM systems.
- Participate in annual budgeting process by providing territory sales forecasts and budgeted expenses.
- Participate in industry related associations and trade shows.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
- Demonstrated successful 5+ years of territory sales experience or account management. Preferably with an emphasis in packaging for a perishable supply chain, and/or grower/shipper sales experience.
- Fluency in Spanish
- A BA/BS Degree and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel 30%-50%
- A valid US Driver’s License and Passport.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SalesForce CRM software and the Sandler Sales Process.
- A work ethic that includes initiative, ability to work independently, sound judgement diplomacy and discretion.
- Organizational and business skills with an attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent prospecting, collaborative, consultative, and innovative skills
- Proven yourself as a tenacious salesperson, excellent cold-calling, objection-handling and closing skills.
- Industry contacts with key decision makers at the packing level is highly desirable.
- Ability to manage a pipeline, be self-motivated and can work independently from a home office.
- Must be organized and display knowledge of strategic and consultative selling
- Retail/Perishable/Packaging experience preferred
- Able to meet sales goals and report on progress using Salesforce
- Ability to multi-task and represent multiple subjects and products
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation includes a base salary plus a generous commission structure as well as a competitive medical/dental benefits package and 401k.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.