Flexible Packaging Sales Manager Sev-Rend Careers
Sev-Rend Corporation is rapidly growing North American packaging solutions firm. We are seeking an experienced, seller to support our efforts in accelerating our growth in flexible packaging.
Our 26+ year old company was built on a solid foundation of custom printed packaging solutions and is rapidly expanding in both geography and product categories. Current customers range throughout North America (Mexico, Canada and the US) in a broad range of commodities. The company is vertically integrated to plastic resins and manufactures retail-ready specialty packaging solutions to packagers.
Our current growth in opportunities exceeds our existing staffing and we seek a well-balanced seller to close identified prospects and hunt the region for additional opportunities. The ideal candidate will have extensive sales experience in the flexible packaging industry, exceptional communication skills and proven sales development experience.
This position will require travel, but will be home based. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
- Demonstrated successful 5+ years of flexible packaging sales experience or account management.
- A BA/BS Degree and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel 30%-50%
- A valid US Driver’s License and Passport.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Flexible Packaging Sales Manager will directly lead commercial efforts selling customized flexible packaging consumables to co-packers including sales, marketing, pricing, and account management. They will manage sales and marketing efforts in the territory by developing strong customer relationships, maintaining an active prospect list and creating follow-up tasks based on customer calling efforts. The primary objective is to drive profitable growth at commodity packagers throughout the territory.
- Establish new business opportunities with potential customers through cold calling, provided leads, networking and referrals.
- Create a pipeline of qualified opportunities and develop strategies to move the opportunities through the sales cycle to closing.
- Work to establish add-on business to maximize product lines with existing customers.
- Work closely with established Distributors to grow sales with joint face to face sales calls.
- Identify and bring on board additional distributors as needed.
- Provide accurate and timely price quotations to customers, prospects and distributors.
- Updating and maintaining CRM systems.
- Participate in annual budgeting process by providing territory sales forecasts and budgeted expenses.
- Participate in industry related associations and trade shows.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SalesForce CRM software and the Sandler Sales Process.
- A work ethic that includes initiative, ability to work independently, sound judgement, diplomacy and discretion.
- Organizational and business skills with an attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent prospecting, collaborative, consultative, and innovative skills
- Proven yourself as a tenacious sales person, excellent cold-calling, objection-handling and closing skills.
- Industry contacts with key decision makers at the packing level is highly desirable.
- Ability to manage a pipeline, be self-motivated and can work independently from a home office.
- Must be organized and display knowledge of strategic and consultative selling
- Flexible packaging experience for Retail/Perishable/Packaging preferred
- Able to meet sales goals and report on progress using Salesforce
- Ability to multi-task and represent multiple subjects and products
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation includes a base salary plus a generous commission structure as well as a competitive medical/dental benefits package and 401k.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.