Corporate Social Responsibility
What is corporate social responsibility?
Sev-Rend’s CSR states our values and practices whereby we drive sustainable development by delivering economic, social and environmental benefits for all stakeholders and outlines our efforts to give back to the world as it gives to us.
Sev-Rend’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) refers to our responsibility toward our environment. Sev-Rend is not alone, we are part of a bigger system of people, values, organizations and nature. CSR is not a bolt on program, but integrated into how we do business on a daily basis.
Sustainability is core to Sev-Rend’s business practices. Aligning with UN World Commission on Environment and Development, Sev-Rend defines sustainability as operating in such a way that meet the needs of our current stakeholders without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs, particularly with regard to use and waste of natural resources. Sustainable practices support ecological, human, and economic health and vitality.
We want to be a responsible business that meets the highest standards of ethics and professionalism. Therefore our social responsibility includes compliance and proactiveness. Compliance refers to our company’s commitment to legality and willingness to observe community values. Proactiveness is every initiative to promote human rights, help communities and protect our natural environment.
· Sev-Rend will comply with the laws and regulations where we do business.
· We will ensure that our business partnerships are open and transparent.
· We will conduct business with integrity and respect to human rights.
· We will work safely, ensuring the health and safety of our colleagues, community and our business partners.
· We will deal fairly with our colleagues and business partners as well as support diversity and inclusion. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and will abide by all fair labor practices.
· We will always deal with respect towards our customers and the consumer.
· We encourage our colleagues to volunteer in the community in support of the arts, education and other charitable endeavors.
· We actively invest in R&D. We are open to suggestions and listen carefully to ideas. Our company will continuously improve the way we operate.
· We will proactively protect the environment via:
1. We will follow best practices when disposing materials, using chemical substances and production practices.
2. Recycling, driving down energy and water usage, committing to utilizing environmentally-friendly technologies and production practices.
3. Stay on the leading edge of sustainable packaging products for our customers, consumers and the world by developing and promoting recyclable, compostable and degradable packaging solutions.
4. Actively work to educate our colleagues, community, customers, business partners and our industry in sustainability.